Safety Tips to prevent Fire Damage this Fall
It's that time of year when summer turns to fall and with that comes fireplaces, heater use, fire damages, and needing a fire safety plan. We want your home and family to be safe this fall. SERVPRO® of Pulaski & Laurel Counties brings you safety tips to prevent fire in your home.
Be aware when burning wood in your fireplace or wood stove.
- Have your chimney and flue cleaned by a professional. Buildup in your chimney can create a perfect storm for fire damages.
- Clean your wood-stove and remove any clutter that has accumulated on or near the stove or fireplace. You want to make sure nothing can catch fire.
Test your smoke alarms and CO2 detectors.
It is that time of year to change your CO2 detectors and smoke/fire alarm batteries. With a heightened chance of fire damage during the fall always keep in mind, when fall hits it is time to change those batteries.
Make a fire safety plan.
One of the best ways to keep your family safe is to have a plan. When a fire occurs make sure your family is equipped with how and where to go in your home. Fires and smoke from the fire spread quickly, especially with children or senior citizens. Designate a meeting location away from the home where everyone knows to go, so it's easy to see who all has been accounted for from the home. Always make sure you have one person to call the fire department if a fire breaks out in your home.
We hope you do not have fire damages, and that you follow these safety tips this fall.
If you need help from fire damage restoration professionals in London, Corbin, Somerset, Pineville, and surrounding areas call SERVPRO® of Pulaski & Laurel Counties at 606-877-2160 today.