Preparing for Summer Fun
Summer is a great time to gather with family and create a lot of fun memories! There's a ton to do when camping, and it can be a great place to light up a fire for smores. These fun memories can mean several different situations with summer danger. There are a few ways to stay away from possible fire damages that could pose danger to you or your family's home away from home. Here are a few tips:
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids designed for barbecue grills; do not add fluid after the coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight, and check hoses for leaks.
- When camping, always use a flame-retardant tent and set up camp far away from the campfire.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire.
- Always make sure the fire is out before going to sleep or leaving your campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter away from your tent and use dry debris to refresh the fire.
Keep your family safe this summer with fire safety tips for camping.