How do I clean up a flooded basement?
One of the most common areas that flood in our homes are our basements. The water seeps in from different places and can ruin many beloved items. Typically, garages are near basements and can run into the same treatment. Water damage requires a professional to make sure you steer clear of possible mold damage. Here are some techniques you can use to make the process easier before we arrive:
- Use wooden clothespins to hang up clothes, children’s stuffed animals, and photographs that may have been effected.
- Make sure that furs and leather items dry separately and at room temperature.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpeting.
- Remove upholstery and cushions for drying.
- Remove any excess water by mopping or blotting until we arrive.
SERVPRO is ready for any size disaster. If your basement floods, call us at (606) 877-2160.